CHICAGO — As the Bulls get set to play the Indiana Pacers in their preseason opener, here are some Bulls Bullets from Chicago and around the NBA to chew on while you roast those pre game Bull Dogs.
- The Chicago Bulls have waived guard Keith Bogans a week after he was pulled form practice due to contract concerns. Bogans had a team option on the last year of his contract but it exceeded the league minimum. If Bogans clears waivers he is free to sign with whomever he pleases.
- The Bulls also waived guard Jannero Pargo today. The signing of rookie Jimmy Butler this week likely led to his exit as Butler is expected be be featured heavily this season according to Tom Thibodeau.
- In Bulls news that doesn’t involve waiving someone, Richard Hamilton will not play in the Bulls preseason game tonight. Ronnie Brewer was reported earlier today to have gotten the nod by Tom Thibodeau.
- Lakers superstar guard Kobe Bryant called out David Stern today for how he handled the Chris Paul trade saga and blasted NBA owners for blocking the trade. Bryant said the NBA didn’t want another star to come to Los Angeles to play long after he retired.
- Orlando Magic big man Dwight Howard remains on the trading block as the preseason begins. New Jersey remains a favorite landing spot for Howard while with the way the Chris Paul trade blocked the Lakers, they become a dark horse favorite to receive Howard if for anything compensation for being yanked by David Stern.
- Finally, Jamal Crawford found a home and his choice was to take his talents to the Pacific Northwest and to the Trailblazers. Crawford signed a two year, $10 million deal to play in Portland. Crawford takes the roster spot cleared up by Brandon Roy who filed for medical retirement earlier this week and was waived today by the Blazers.