Vinny Del Negro really wanted to beat the Knicks on Thursday night. Why do I say that? Because he played just 7 Bulls in the 98-89 win over ex-Bulls Eddy Curry, Chris Duhon and their awful team.
James Johnson was a DNP-CD. He can play against the Celtics and the Lakers but not the lowly Knicks? It all points to Del Negro feeling the heat. He got his win. Maybe a loss to the Knicks at home would have been the end of the Vinny era. We’ll have to wait for that. To the notable…
- Eddy Curry came home but played just 4 minutes. In those 4 minutes he had 2 fouls, a turnover and missed his only shot from the floor.
- Luol Deng had a double-double with 24 points and 13 boards. He also added 5 assists.
- Taj Gibson had a double-double off the bench with 12 & 10, plus 2 blocks.
- Ex-Bull Chris Duhon was 5-12 from the floor. He was 5-10 from beyond the arc. It’s like that.
- The Bulls held the Knicks to 36% shooting and outrebounded them 49-37
- The Bulls converted 25-28 free throws