If you stayed up all the way through Thanksgiving’s Bulls-Jazz game, you are a true fan. Or you lost the remote and were too lazy to get up and find it. It was just brutal.
The Bulls lost their 4th straight and now sit with a 6-8 record. Sure, it’s the annual circus trip, but at some point you need to start winning some of these games. Bulls fans are not thankful that:
- The Bulls are the 4th worst scoring team in the NBA. They average 91 per game. Below them are Charlotte, New Jersey and Minnesota.
- The Bulls are the 5th worst team in field goal percentage.
- The Bulls are clanking threes to the tune of just 30%. They rank 25th overall in 3-point shooting.
- The Bulls have scored 100 points just once this season.
- John Salmons is still having trouble. He’s shooting just 36% and 29% from 3. All his shooting percentages are down 6-8% from his career totals.
- Derrick Rose’s performance. We are totally thankful for Rose, but he needs to play better. He has more turnovers than assists in his last 3 games and needs to increase his scoring output. He has gone the last 2 games without getting to the free throw line. That can’t happen.
- Kirk Hinrich’s play. Hinrich has to shoot better. He currently sits at 36% shooting and 32% from 3. Both those need to go up.
Finally, you still have to wonder about what kind of impact Vinny Del Negro has on this team in regard to Xs and Os. The Bulls offensive sets are boring and basic, and they certainly aren’t effective. It’s early, but the Bulls better get it going on offense.