The Bulls went into LeBron’s house and wiped their feet on the rug. They barely shot 40% and they were outrebounded, but they took exceptional care of the ball, turning it over just 6 times. They escaped with a victory, won their first road game and improved to 3-2.
- Derrick Rose had 14 points and 11 assists with only 2 turnovers. If you didn’t know he had a sore ankle you wouldn’t know. Ya dig?
- Taj Gibson had 11 points, 7 boards, a steal and a block. He played big minutes with Tyrus limited by his illness.
- Luol Deng didn’t shoot it all that well (6-16), but he led the Bulls in points and minutes.
- Jannero Pargo continued his cold and hot pattern and was 0-4 with 0 points.
- James Johnson was a DNP-CD. I thought we would see him get some minutes with Tyrus out. The only game he has played in this year was the opener.
- John Salmons is still clanking threes. He was 1-4 last night and is shooting 19% from behind the arc so far this season.